Mega Man Xtreme (GBC) (GB) (gamerip) (2000)

Mega Man Xtreme's (Don't I Know Another Game With That Title That Got Cancelled? Probably Not.) Soundtrack Has Some Pretty Good Remixes Of The First Two X Games. The Game Itself Is Also Just Half Of X1's Mavericks & X2's Mavericks Stages on the GameBoy Color. Your Better Off Just Playing X1 & X2 Than Playing This Forgettable Game. It's Not A Bad Game But Just Like Mega Man X2 Or Mega Man 5. It's Just There. Soundtrack:6/10. Game:4.8/10.

I think that MMXT2 is way better, this game soundtrack? 6/10
Mega Man Xtreme's soundtrack is decent, but that's about it. As for the game, it's a port of X1 and X2... Basically. There's no new levels or no new mavericks. Hell, nowadays there's no reason to play this unless if you're extremely curious. (That isn't a pun by the way).

Mega Man Xtreme's soundtrack is decent, but that's about it. As for the game, it's a port of X1 and X2... Basically. There's no new levels or no new mavericks. Hell, nowadays there's no reason to play this unless if you're extremely curious. (That isn't a pun by the way).
Heh heh. The remix of Wheel Gator is okay though.

Sigma Stage 2 is just a remix of Gate’s Lab from X6.

The video you need to watch:

SPOILER ALERT

The GB soundtrack is superior to the Snes one!

The sequel is better, but this one isn't bad. The game is nothing special but it is still fun to play. My one major gripe with this game is that they don't allow the extreme mode to be played from the start, you have to unlock it first. What is the extreme mode? Well, Mega Man Xtreme has two main campaigns. In the first one, you fight 4 X1 bosses, then head to the final stages, and then the same in the second campaign but with 4 X2 bosses. Once you beat both of these (I think the X1 campaign is normal mode and the X2 campaign is hard mode), you can unlock the extreme mode that allows you to fight all 8 bosses instead of just 4. I wish they would have just done the extreme mode for the base game because having to beat both normal and hard mode to access the 8-boss campaign when it should have just been 8 bosses from the start, is a little arbitrary and annoying. Sadly, Xtreme 2, while being the better game, doesn't fix this.

The sequel is better, but this one isn't bad. The game is nothing special but it is still fun to play. My one major gripe with this game is that they don't allow the extreme mode to be played from the start, you have to unlock it first. What is the extreme mode? Well, Mega Man Xtreme has two main campaigns. In the first one, you fight 4 X1 bosses, then head to the final stages, and then the same in the second campaign but with 4 X2 bosses. Once you beat both of these (I think the X1 campaign is normal mode and the X2 campaign is hard mode), you can unlock the extreme mode that allows you to fight all 8 bosses instead of just 4. I wish they would have just done the extreme mode for the base game because having to beat both normal and hard mode to access the 8-boss campaign when it should have just been 8 bosses from the start, is a little arbitrary and annoying. Sadly, Xtreme 2, while being the better game, doesn't fix this.
The main problem I have with this game is that it's just X1 and X2 levels. The game is nothing new and they don't do anything new with the X1 or X2 levels. It's not like the first four Mega Man gameboy games where it's the same assets and bosses from the console games, but they make new levels out of reused assets. Unlike that, it's just a half port of the maverick levels from X1 and X2. You could play Xtreme 1 today, but there's really no need to. If you want to play Mega Man X on the go, then just play the games on switch.

Back